Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

7.29.10 BJJ

I know, I know. It's been a while. It's like I dropped of the face of the Earth ( as least as far as BJJ is concerned). It sucks but I have missed a lot of classes lately, but it seems like I always had stuff to do!

I went last Thursday for the women's only class, but not much to report. It was the women's class, which usually means I learn basics and things like that. I like it though, because since I've learned most of the stuff already I can concentrate on the details more. This class we went over grip fighting a bit, pushing/pulling, armbars, and having/opening closed guard. I definitely need to work on pushing/pulling and my stand up game. Even against new students I wasn't doing great (blah). Everything else I did well in, though I do have a few points for all of it I guess that I could work on. That's just something about bjj. There is almost always a detail of a technique to work on, even if it's the smallest thing.

We were also saying goodbye to a student, Marrissa. She's moved to Denver for school. I hate when girls leave! She was really nice and also def loves BJJ.


No comments:

Post a Comment